Our mission at Ginger Elizabeth Chocolates is to share and spread our passion for chocolate.
Ginger Elizabeth Hahn is a formally trained chocolatier and pastry chef who has been studying and working professionally with chocolate for over 10 years. She studied pastry at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York. She graduated top of her class receiving the CIA Management Award and Angel Scholastic Award.
Learn more about Ginger Elizabeth
Little things may take longer, but they matter. Taking the extra steps to create exceptional products is an essential value, and a key to achieving excellence. We know our customers appreciate such attention to details.
Freshness makes a difference. A chocolate confection tastes and melts in the mouth best when fresh. Because our products are all-natural and contain no preservatives, we closely monitor their freshness. We can offer advice on how best to store and enjoy any of our products.
Chocolate is a beautiful food. We find the sheen of tempered chocolate and its wonderful shades of brown quite elegant. We choose not to use dyes or artificial colorings to decorate our products.
There is always something more to learn about chocolate. Being open to new ideas and curious about new concepts in chocolate allows us to continue providing exciting products for our customers.
From the farmer to the chocolatiers, the couverture chocolate we use in our products is the result of the efforts of many talented individuals. It is important for us to respect and understand the roles of all those involved in the process from crop to couverture.
Working with chocolate is a venerable craft. We are honored to be part of this tradition and proud to be practicing classical techniques which have been employed by many great chocolatiers before us.
We take great steps to make products of extraordinary quality, and we believe we have an obligation to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. The following are highlights of steps we have taken towards sustainability.
We only use top quality couverture chocolate from carefully selected producers. In addition to the quality of the chocolate, we are also discerning about the circumstances of its production.
- The producers we buy chocolate from all pay at least Fair Trade prices to growers; more often than not, they pay higher than Fair Trade prices.
- The producers we buy chocolate from all have programs in place to help the farming communities from which they source cacao.
- All the producers we buy chocolate from closely monitor labor practices amongst the growers from which they source cacao.
All of the dairy we use is certified humane by the American Humane Association. Additionally, our dairy products come from Northern California family farms practicing environmentally friendly and sustainable farming methods. We use USDA organic certified milk.
We strive to use packaging that is made in the USA, as close to Sacramento as possible. We also favor packaging which is recyclable and/or compostable.
- Our chocolate boxes are made less than 100 miles from our shop from recycled paper products. They are recyclable; however, you can also save them to bring back into the boutique to be refilled with more chocolates!
- Our candy bar sleeves are made less than 100 miles from our shop.
- Our shopping bags are made in Southern California.
- Our cotton ribbon is made in Pennsylvania.
- Our to-go cups, lids and utensils are all compostable.
We pad our shipments with compostable filler made from vegetable starch. We do not use polystyrene or plastic fillers.