We take great steps to make products of extraordinary quality, and we believe we have an obligation to do so in a responsible and sustainable way.
The following are highlights of steps we have taken towards sustainability.
- We only use top quality couverture chocolate from carefully selected producers. In addition to the quality of the chocolate, we are also discerning about the circumstances of its production.
- The producers we buy chocolate from all pay at least Fair Trade prices to growers; more often than not, they pay higher than Fair Trade prices.
- The producers we buy chocolate from all have programs in place to help the farming communities from which they source cacao.
- All the producers we buy chocolate from closely monitor labor practices amongst the growers from which they source cacao.
All of the dairy we use is certified humane by the American Humane Association. Additionally, our dairy products come from Northern California family farms practicing environmentally friendly and sustainable farming methods. We use USDA organic certified milk.
- We strive to use packaging that is made in the USA, as close to Sacramento as possible. We also favor packaging which is recyclable and/or compostable.
- Our chocolate boxes are made less than 100 miles from our shop from recycled paper products. They are recyclable; however, you can also save them to bring back into the boutique to be refilled with more chocolates!
- Our macaron boxes are made less than 100 miles from our shop.
- Our candy bar sleeves are made less than 100 miles from our shop.
- Our shopping bags are 100% recyclable.
- Our to-go cups, lids and utensils are all compostable.